"There's much more flexibility and opportunity here...for both academic and professional development."
Qi Guo, International Student at Rutgers
"People are so helpful...even if they don't know you, they're ready to help you."
-Rewa Marathe, International Student at Rutgers
"Everyday you're learning something unique, something new."
Grishma Desai, International Student at Rutgers
"One feature of American education is small sized classes...every student can voice their opinion."
Ziyi Yu, International Student at Rutgers
Broaden Your Horizons at Rutgers University This Summer!
The Summer Session at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey offers international students the opportunity to select from more than 2,200 course sections and explore their options for further study in the U.S.
You will be studying and living at one of the premier public research universities in the United States. Located in New Brunswick, N.J., within the New York metropolitan area, Rutgers is ranked among the top 25 public universities in the country and boasts the most diverse campus in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report.
Summer Study at Rutgers Is...
- Complete a rigorous 3-credit course in as little as three short weeks
- Earn 3 academic credits from Rutgers University which may be transferred back to your home institution
- Develop the skills, confidence and cultural awareness for academic success in the U.S.
- Experience life on a prominent U.S. university campus and engage in a wide variety of co-curricular, cultural, and recreational events and activities
- Visit nearby New York City, Philadelphia, and the Jersey Shore in your free time
- Academic credit courses are offered in class, in the field, online, and in hybrid format throughout the summer, in 3-, 6-, 8-, 10-, and 12-week sessions.
- Classes begin May 27, June 23, and July 7. To search our extensive course list, visit the university's University Schedule of Classes.